Welcome to Palmer Cheerleading!
WELCOME TO PALMER CHEERLEADING 2020!
We are so thrilled you chose cheerleading as your fall sport! Cheerleading is a fun, exciting, positive, and motivating sport. It is also a lot of hard work, but that hard work can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Through cheerleading you can learn, teamwork, responsibility, sportsmanship, discipline and self-confidence, all while creating friendships and memories that will last a lifetime! For us to create a great team we need to achieve a balance of working hard and having fun. In order to achieve that balance, below are a few rules and guidelines.
Parents, our goal is to coach cheerleading to the best of our abilities, and to have a great time doing it! Your cooperation is greatly appreciated! Most communication is done through our emails and team apps for your cell phone. Please check emails and apps regularly. It’s the most effective way to reach many parents at once.
The season runs from August through mid-November, a scheduled will be sent out to you once registration is over.
Our cheering program is open to any Palmer Township Resident from Grades K through 8th.
- We participate in the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Football League- http://www.epyfl.org/
(Game schedules also available on this site)
- Games will be on a Saturday or a Sunday.
- Practice schedule will be emailed out by coaches at a later date.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour before each game or designated time given by coach.
- Sideline practices will be offered one day a week during the month of July…These practices are not mandatory, however, they are highly recommended especially to new cheerleaders!
- In addition to football games Cheerleaders also participate in the following (Dates and times TBD):
- Easton High School Cheerleading Clinic
- Easton High School Cheerleading Rec/Youth Showcase Competition
- Palmer 5k Run at Fairview Park
- Palmer Weekend Cheerleading Performance at Fairview Park
- Our JV and Varsity Squads will participate in another Local Competition Date TBD!
- Cheerleaders are required to purchase a sportswear package. We try and keep this cost as affordable as possible. This will include game sneakers, and practice wear for other performances and appearances. Information will be mailed after registration is complete.
- Please wear proper practice/game attire and footwear at all times.
- Hair must be in a ponytail or neatly tied back for games and practices.
- We are always looking for volunteer concession workers! Online sign-ups will be emailed to parents.
- Coach and team assignments will be communicated prior to the first practice via email.
There will be a parent meeting prior to our 1st practice.
Jennifer Swinsburg, Cheerleading Commissioner